Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Game on!

I've been dreaming about this.

Today was a big deal for me. After 5 years on the project I had my first Games moment today; I picked up my uniform and accreditation. Seems like no big deal, but it was. It has made everything real. It was a super streamlined process to pick everything up and I was really impressed with all of the helpful volunteers. From taking my photo to helping me pick out sizes, it was a fun and painless experience. The only other time I have gone through this process was in Torino and it was after 30 hours of travelling and I remeber a lot of standing in line. And even though we weren't allowed to smile for the photo this is definitely my best accreditation yet. Torino I was exhausted and Beijing I had to submit a photo on short notice and it sucked.
I really like the uniform even though I know I will be visually tired of seeing it, and personally tired of wearing it very soon. Blue is a good color for me. And I'm impressed with the quality of everything. Looking forward to starting to wear it and not having to think about an outfit in the morning.
I even got a new travel coffee mug which is awesome because I have managed to lose two in the space of a week. And I am going to need my nespresso in a travel mug every morning for the next three months.
Game on!

0 comments: