Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Sun Run, Subeez and Passport Photos Take 2

I came out to cheer on my sister and brother-in-law in the Vancouver Sun Run this weekend. Me and thousands of other people. I panicked for them as I saw the backlog of people trying to get through the finish area. Literally the crowd was lined up before the finish line. I don't remember it being like that last year so I am thinking the great weather meant a larger crowd turned out and they just weren't prepared.

It was my brother-in-law's first running race and first 10k. I totally had a feel good moment by association for him. Like I had accomplished something momentous on my Sunday when really I had had a cinnamon dolce latte and read the paper and that was about it.

A met up with us and we went to Subeez for brunch. Normally not a fan of their brunch but they did a special buffet for the Sun Run (it was $15) and overall I enjoyed it. Ate too much but the fruit salad was refreshing and the tea was good. R and C had diet cokes and assumed (as I would) that they were refillable. Apparently not and between the two of them they spent $10 on diet cokes over brunch. Bummer.

I then went to get my passport photos retaken. I am applying for a UK passport and the requirements are different than the Canadian passport photos. I ended up going to London Drugs, Blacks, and Sears portrait studio and none of them can do it. Might need to fly to the UK for the picture at this rate.

2 comments:

Rachel Catriona said...

Nice blog!!!

Let's go somewhere new for brunch this weekend - maybe Saturday AND Sunday. Just to be excessive. We should do one downtown and one Main or Commercial.

Rachel Catriona said...

PS. You like totally copied my blog layout.