The four day work week seemed frantic. Not sure where it went but I didn't bring my laptop home at all so I was SOL on blogging.
My latest project is selling my road bike. I am not working hard enough at it; one posting at work and one posting on craigslist does not a sale make. It also makes me sad to think of letting it go; I feel like I need to verify that the new owner will treat her well.
Made a real effort to go out this evening. Instead of getting home and then talking myself out of heading out for the evening I just kept moving and forced myself back out the door. Before I knew it I was at Toby's with a pint of Strongbow in hand and a room full of people I apparently know from work. I would guess there was 40 people there and I knew maybe 12 of them. Still, felt good about going and the yam fries were great. Kristin and Niina accompanied me to social engagement #2 of the evening; ironcops fundraiser. My cop friend is doing ironman and it isn't enough that the cops actually train for and complete the ironman but they decide to raise a bunch of money for cancer research as well. Way to overachieve.
So I was invited to catch up with A (the cop) and potentially check out the talent. It turned out none of the guys were in uniform. Many of them were in fact having their heads shaved or legs waxed to raise money for cancer research. The leg waxing was painful to watch. Some of them had not trimmed the leg hair and the area was gone over a few times.
Good evening. Must make effort to keep the momentum going on Fridays. Must also remember to have dinner rather than a few snacks as it is midnight and my stomach is growling and I just can't eat before going to bed.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment