Photos will be added later. This PC has no USB port.
Arrived tired but with lmuggage to Casablanca on Saturday. Got ripped off by taxi but was still less than if I was in Europe. The cheap taxis here are the petit taxis and there was only grand taxis at the airport.
First time joining a group tour and it was kind of nice to just show up. Immediately noticed the difference with it being an Muslim country. Wanted to spend my afternoon sitting at a cafe but there were only men at the cafes and I was getting the evil eye.
Met up with group the night I arrived and the 15 of us went for dinner. I had chicken with fries but tried the tapas at the table. Not a fan of olives or eggplant and that seems to form the base of everythin. Oh well. Also noticed no alcohol on the menu. Will have to save the drinking for Spain.
Not much time in Casablanca but we visited the third largest mosque in the world on the way out that morning. Here is a photo....oh right...no USB port.
We then visited Rabat and a lot of mosques. Our guide took us to a restaurant in Meknes where he was obviously getting a kick back because it was extremely over priced. I think that is just how it works here because same thing happened today but the food was way better and it was not quite as expensive. I have had 2 more chicken meals as chicken seems rather safe.
The best part of the first day was seeing some Roman ruins in Voullabis. So amazing. We were on this beautiful hillside and it was sunny. I could have spent hours there. The ruins were further ruined by teh Lisbon earthquake so they are all open but you can see the tile mosaics in the wealthier houses/ruins.
We arrived in Fez at about 8pm last night and hunted down a restaurant rather than caving to the McDonalds next to our hotel and eating a McArabia. Not kidding. It is a real item on the menu.
Au revoir for now.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
1 comments:
You made it! Hurrah!
See you Friday.
Post a Comment