I jumped right back into work when I arrived. Not really both feet at first. I would say week 1 I had one foot in and the other was just thinking about my next vacation/trip. The bonus from this last trip is that it had clarified for me what kind of travelling I want to do next year.
Realising that I am getting older (yes, sadly true), and not everyone enjoys some of the places I want to visit, I'm going with a theme for my 2010 travel. Are you ready for it? 'Developing worlds and trekking/hiking.' I want to do everything I can't do with kids or a bad hip. And I want to check off some of this really big, once in a lifetime adventures.
My draft itinerary goes a little something like this:
Mid-April 2010 - Finish work. Have a few drinks. Pack up my belongings and put them in storage.
~ April 20, 2010 - Hawaii for a week or 10 days of relaxation and working out. (you will see why the working out is important. Hawaii is great for training. A lot of people go vacation there to train for ironman)
~ May 1, 2010 - Fly to Delhi and then on to Kathmandu. Go on 15 day trek to Mt. Everest Base Camp.

~ Mid-May 2010 - Fly back to Delhi. Travel around seeing Agra etc. If time, possible trekking in Rajasthan.
June, 2010 - Fly to Tanzania. Climb Kilimanjaro. This will be followed by an overland tour through Africa.
First week of July 2010 - Stop and rest up in either in coastal South Africa. I am thinking of Zanzibar.
Third week of July 2010 - Head back to Vancouver to enjoy the rest of the summer.
September 2010 - Start work.
In theory, doesn't it all sound great? I think I end up visiting 8 countries in 10 weeks and 7 of them will be new ones for me.
Off for my run.
2 comments:
That sounds awesome. A guy I work with is training to climb Kilimanjaro in fall. He might be a good contact on that one.
Thank you for the shame post. Much appreciated. I note however that I don't see Montreal on the list. Ahem.... montreal beckons and a spare room for you to hang your hat in. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment