Thursday, September 11, 2008

procrastination

I am still wearing my workout clothes and it is 10 to 11. Trouble. I need to be up early. This has been a theme of my weekend. Leave work late, get to the gym late, eat dinner late and go to bed late. I need to commit to starting off next week with a 9:30pm bed time. Rising early, a quick workout and then out the door.

After 10 years away from school I read brother Dave's blog and think 'Yeah. I remember the first week of school.' In the corporate world that seasonal shift doesn't happen. The big change is arriving at the office when it is dark and leaving the office when it is dark. Right now I have a window seat that turns my desk into a sauna after 3pm. Today I actually went next door and got us gelato to combat the heat. I would complain but I know the sun will be gone soon and I will be looking out over overcast skies through rain splattered windows.

For now, I need to enjoy the last weeks of summer weather and be happy I am not trying to remember my locker combination.

1 comments:

Fall Garlic said...

Yes the seasonal shift. Doesn't take long to forget that summer just left. After the second week I can barely remember being on vacation.