For some reason I realised last night, after arriving home from the amazing turkey dinner at Chach and Dave's, that I need shoes. Solid shoes to wear to work int he winter. Right now I am tiptoeing around on kitten heels, showing toe cleavage and exposing that maple leaf to the world. And, surprisingly, my feet are cold. So I need shoes that support my feet and will keep them warm. I looked on eBay. No great deals and nothing I wanted. So I looked on zappos.com. I found some sale shoes that I liked and that miraculously came in size 12. They are all reasonably heeled, wearable with dress socks if needs be and best of all they were all 40-50% off. Sweet.
Now I know Rachel will not like them. She will tell me they are not cute or attractive and they look like they just might be for an older person who is wearing compression hose with them. I already have a similar pair to these ones on the right but in brown and I love wearing them. My feet are happy and as I enter my 30s/old age that is the most important thing. I have lots of 4 inch heels kicking around that I just can't wear without limping after an hour. I get nervous when I have to walk between buildings at work...I can feel my feet cringing just thinking about it. But these shoes are going to get me through the winter.
I think with duty and taxes I ended up paying around $260 for 3 pairs of shoes but to me...they're priceless.
0 comments:
Post a Comment