Let the weekend begin! All of my work emails sent post 2pm were greeted with nasty replies telling me to start my long weekend. Delayed leaving work as I went with the mumma to the oncologist. A good visit for her but disappointing for me as he dropped into the conversation something about his wife. It was really adding to the appointments to believe he was single and one day the appointment would end with him asking me out.
As mum has/is departing for the GF Dunnets and Richard is leaving to see her beau I have decided to vacation in the city. Literally. I am staying at Rachel's for the weekend while she is away and pretending I live downtown. Seeing how the other half lives. There is no pretense that a house sitter is needed. There are not cats, dogs, fish or plants here that need tending. Just a lot of expensive wine sitting around that should really be tasted.
My weekend plans include; getting my highlights done, walking the seawall, reading books, going to a few open houses and hitting the Chach/Dave turkey meal on Monday. I think I am bringing cauliflower with cheese sauce. Just need a great cheese sauce recipe.
Offered on the dream condo and was declined. Their loss. This market is heading into a shame spiral. My 2nd choice condo just dropped by 15k! Let me know your thoughts. It practically has a real kitchen. Pros: set back from the street so it is quiet, decent view, great kitchen, separate storage, parking, and amenities. Cons: no breakfast bar off the kitchen, no balcony for my bbq, strata fee is a bit pricier, and no separate den.
I am still waiting for a December fire sale. Someone has to be getting desperate.
Now going to have a sleepover with Ritchy and then drive her to the airport for 5:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2026 Summer
2 months ago
1 comments:
Moderately expensive wine that should be admired, not consumed. You drink one of the two remaining bottles of the Joie Rose and you lose a finger.
Good cheese sauce: melt a chunk of butter in saucepan, add a tablespoon of flour, once pasted cooks a bit - but doesn't brown, start slowly whisking in milk. Simmer until a runny sauce forms. Add a couple handfuls of sharp cheddar. Secret finishing ingredient: worchestire sauce. Just a couple drops with some S & P and you are golden.
To make a bake of it cut the cauli small, blanch and throw in casserole dish. Cover in above sauce but make sauce quite runny. Top with shredded cheese for a crust, maybe a little breadcrumb if you want to wow them.
Bonne chance!
Ritchard
Post a Comment