R and I were going to buy snowshoes but the roads are too treacherous to go anywhere and snowshoe. And I checked Canadian Tire and the snowshoe sales is over. I am sure it will happen again soon so I will keep my eyes peeled.
Settling in to the new place and even had my first social gathering at it on Friday. I think the lack of furniture almost helped make space for dozen people to gather in my 700 sq ft apartment. Only seating for 7 people so there was a lot of standing. Really impressed that people braved the chilly conditions to come wish me a happy birthday. Felt loved.
I go back to work on January 5th so I am officially on day 3 of vacation. It is almost 3pm and I am still in my pjs and have not been to the gym which is only 11 floors away.
Been up since 7:30am just relaxing, watching movies, tidying and rearranging items in my apartment. Have a stack of DVDs borrowed from R and C and there is always pay per view if I run through them. I have figured out how to not even have to go outside to get the IGA and Homesense that are around the corner from my building. Does it get any better? The forced air heating (and air conditioning in the summer!) are keeping the place toasty but I sure could do with a rug on the hardwoods and then tiled den. Maybe in the new year.
Peace out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment