Reception and induction ceremony. We received the purple blazers, Kim was my date and we each got 2 free drinks, dinner, and a glass of champagne. I didn't realise it was going to be a big deal until I got there. They had set up the entire floor of the basketball arena for the reception. Warren Moon was there. Other rowers had purchased an entire table so their family could be there with them. They brought their kids to be part of the moment. I was expecting more of a small dog and pony show with cheap lasagna and a cash bar. There were 2 large video screens so you could see the speakers from any seat. We were served at our tables and our water glasses refilled frequently. It was legit. We toured the hall of fame after and took photos of ourselves next to the hall of fame photos of us rowing.
The next day we went to a Turkey Fry at Kim's sister's place. There was a fried turkey and another one that was smoked. Tasty food, good company but way too many dogs. Everyone brought their dog and in total I think there was 7 at one point. Not being a big fan of them my nerves were a bit frayed at the end of the event.
Drove home after half-time and got in late. Hung my blazer up this morning. Totally going to wear it again. It was an awesome embrodered UW Hall of Fame emblem and the tag says it is from the 'Blazerdepot.com'. We were all immediately mocking them for the fact that the sleeves are super short. But 3/4 length is totally in.
2 comments:
So glad that I am on the list and get to read this blog. The only problem is I don't think it will update on my list anymore. Bummer.
I add a bummer to the not updating function. I checked just for kicks and found this awesome post that I should have seen ages ago. I'm sure there is a way to fix this and get updates, I'm just not that tech savy.
Getting inducted is a huge deal and next time I'm not going to ask Rachel if family should come to see something and take her word for it that it's not that kind of thing.
Can't wait to visit Seattle and go check out your pics in the Hall of Fame. So awesome!
Post a Comment