Sunday, November 2, 2008

Turkey Bacon

Started a new regime for my brunch. I worked out (30' StairMaster, abs and push ups, 40' cardio) and then came home to make this feast. Instead of the weekend treat of bacon I had turkey bacon with all health/calorie benefits negated by a cinnamon bun. But it was oh so good and I am going to go for a long walk as well so I can totally justify the calorie expenditure.

New coffee bodum is not working well. Maybe the grind is not good from Starbucks. Maybe I should have just done the grinding myself because the first batch of coffee this morning was cowboy coffee with chunky grinds. Reverted to my electric bialetti that makes espresso and was much happier with the second batch. Having egg poaching troubles. Keep over boiling the water and some of the egg white seeps out of the silicone poacher making the water boil even more, become frothy and then the eggs are basically under water. Must talk to Rachel about this. I am sure she knows what I am doing wrong.

The turkey bacon was delightful and I will be using it for my weekend brunch treat from now on. So was the red grapefruit. Cinnamon buns will sadly have to be an occasional addition to the menu as they are 370 calories and that is 25 minutes on the StairMaster.

Almost forgot the highlight to brunch was chatting on the phone to Kiyomi while I ate the eggs and then getting to talk to Sayoko about her trip to the midwife.

Off to get those errands done that I postponed when I was being a shut in yesterday.

0 comments: