Had a great evening with the Grand Forks Dunnets. I learned a few things; kids don't like wasabi and when the person at the sushi places asks if you want wasabi with your rolls they are asking if you want the wasabi in roll and not just on the side. They also don't like medium salsa or salmon or tuna rolls (although they will eat salmon at other times). They do enjoy tortilla chips even if there is no salsa with them. Pot of Gold chocolates are also a big hit (both with the kids and the host). The lovely meal of sushi, salad and tortilla chips was topped off with a wicked lemon meringue pie that Sachon brought. I can't remember the last time I had lemon meringue pie. Tasty.
K and K were great, as usual, and when they became too distracting and I wanted to talk with Dave and Sayoko all I had to do was ask Dave to put the TV on to the kids channel. Ironically they watched Dora the Explorer. Tried to send them home with the leftover, pie, chocolates and vegetables they brought but they 'claimed' that they couldn't take them because they couldn't refrigerate them and already had a ton of Halloween candy at home. I think it might just have been the Japanese hospitality that made them refuse but can't be sure.
Someone asked me today what hobbies I have and it stumped me. I realised after this evening that spending time with friends and family could be a hobby since I sure do enjoy it.
For the other Aunts; Kiyomi asked a number of times about where the rest of her aunts were and seemed a bit disappointed when she realised it was just going to be me. We told her you were; in Prince George, Montreal, Chicago and at a housewarming.
FYI Kiyomi is great at the self-portrait. I like to think she gets that from me.

0 comments:
Post a Comment