Last week I made my first pork roast and was supposed to have Rachel and Chris over. Chris had to bail because of a family thing (really, I think he was worried I would under cook the meat and give him trichinosis) so Rachel and I tucked into a meat and potatoes meal (on the menu based on Chris' dietary likes) with a great Greek salad as the veggies from Rachel.
I already scammed free dinner and wine from Rachel last night (a lovely prawn, vegetable and lentil curry along with some white wine) so tonight I am on my own. After a long snowshoe this morning I am not feeling up to making anything. It might end up being a chicken noodle soup evening.
Not that I don't appreciate the compliment of being a 'fierce' snowshoer but Richard was not at her best this morning given the fact that a) she had done two kick ass workouts the morning before (and FYI Rich - we are no longer national team athletes) and b) she went without coffee. She also forgot sunglasses. I think the only thing holding her together was the pride in her new gators and the fact that this was the first sun we've seen all week since this fog landed in Vancouver.
2 comments:
I like the new look. Congratulations on the cooking. We love roast pork here. When should we turn up for ours? Later
I am also very impressed by the meal. looks delicious. also the Canon people wrote me back. if i want to software I will have to buy it. booo... i wrote mum and she is going to have a look
Post a Comment