Ritchy and I started off the morning with bootcamp. Impressive as we had just been on Friday and I was still sore. I babbled something at the end of the class about staying to do some cardio but Richard said there was walking to be done and it would provide for extra cardio.
No luxurious brunch this Saturday. Not sure why. Maybe because I made Rachel breakfast Friday morning after bootcamp when I was working from home.
We headed out for errand #1; eyebrows. Eyebrows cleaned up and colored so that they could be seen (eyebrows are really the frame to your face) we headed to the West End farmers market for fruits and vegetables (errand #2).
It was slim pickings there. Stuff looked okay but was not really jumping out at me as something better than what I get at Kin's Farm. Rachel bought some salmon.
Errand #2 (fruit & veg shopping) not complete, we walked over to Running Room. I purchased some new water bottles for Rachel's belt pack (thanks to her being knocked up I am getting to borrow it) and we both bought some special laundry detergent for workout clothes. It may just be a scam but my clothes develop a stank real fast and I want to keep'em smelling ok for as along as possible. That was my errand #3 complete but we still needed to track down those elusive fruits and vegetables.
We hiked up to the West End Kin's Farm and scored some good produce. I think I picked up some over priced cherries but considering peppers are usually $4.99 lb at the IGA downstairs, I felt good about my purchases.
Laden down with produce we are made our way back to Yaletown to our respective homes. I google mapped it and it was over 6k of walking so I did get that extra cardio in.
I then did errand #4 and got a library card. Seeing as how the library is just around the corner from me I think it is about time I check out what they have to offer. And...I got rid of cable so I am looking for some entertainment. Was overwhelmed by the place but picked up some good travel books and some light summery reading.
Richard came over in the evening and we made pizza (see pics below). A first at my place. Shout out to the GF Dunnets for the inspiration. R made the dough and I cooked up some chicken, chopped veggies and grated cheese. We made 3 pizzas in total and will both be eating pizza for the next 4 meals. My microwave is broken so I hope it tastes good cold. Ritchy also made some kind of zucchini loaf that was super tasty. And we watched Pleasantville. That movie is still great the 5th of 6th time around.
Off to bed as I need to rest up for day 2 of staycation. It looks like it will be Grouse Grind, followed by brunch at home, followed by a 13k run, a massage and then possibly going to a friend's for dinner. I am a maybe on the dinner as I think I will be totally exhausted from the double workout.
1 comments:
I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.
Post a Comment