Monday, June 15, 2009

Take me out to the ball game

So I went to my first baseball game the other weekend. Combined a trip to Seattle with R to watch the Clumsies play with a ball game on Sunday.

I headed down Saturday morning. Hit the outlets (no luck with finding any good size 12 shoes!), purchased a new workout outfit (thank you Nike) and then rolled into town in time for dinner pre-show.

My foodie friend in Seattle gave a me a list of recommended restaurants. We were going to try and hit one up but got lazy and wondered around the area of the Crocodile Cafe (where the gig was) to find something. Stumbled upon an Italian restaurant amidst a sea of Japanese tapas bars (who knew Seattle was a hotbed for Japanese tapas bars). We went for it. Review: over priced but very tasty. R was impressed that my friend ordered a half bottle of red that was $50. I had a taste of the red. It was good.

We then watched the Clumsies play and got quite drunk. Well, not Rachel but I did. It was super fun and the first time I've seen almost a full set. I usually get too tired and have to leave but this time I planned ahead and had a nap. Along with a number of red bull and vodkas. It was super fun. The friend I was with was very impressed with them. As was I. Good times.

Next day I took my mild hangover out to Safeco Field to watch the Mariners. Small cluster trying to get us all tickets together at the last minute but we didn't even miss the first inning. Maybe a home run but not the entire first inning. The 9 of us sat down to bake in sun and watch the Game. Really, I just rotated through sitting next people and catching up and the game was going on in the background. Awesome to see everyone and the people watching at the Game was unreal. Apparently it is even better at the Seahawks so I may have to go back to watch some more professional sports in the near future.

We left Seattle, stopped at Olive Garden for dinner, I picked up some bud light lime (so good!) and then we headed home. A great weekend and, I hope, the kickoff to many great weekends of the summer.

0 comments: