Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas highlight reel

A great Christmas in Vancouver this year.

It kicked off with Christmas Eve at Rachel and Chris'. An evening of great food, lots o kidz, and a couple episodes of 30 Rock. Does it get any better? I also used video skype for the first time. Awesome! Please, everyone in the family sign up, I will be using this during my travels next year. My user name is 'hazbnrower'. :) So great to see the Dunnet Chicago branch of Christmas Eve. Love technology.

Above are some of the Dunnet and Jonat boys on Christmas Eve. Cute eh? So impressed they are all looking at the camera.

I slept over at R and C's for Christmas Eve. Henry woke from a coma just when we were all going to bed. I think that was the only time I heard him before 7am but rumor has it he was up every 2 hours.

Spent a quality hour and half with H while is parent's caught some sleep on Christmas morning. I even put the carrier on and made myself coffee. Not sure it gets any better than nespresso and newborn sleeping on you.
We opened stockings (thanks Santa!) and presents, had homemade breakfast sandwiches and then went for a walk/run as it was a spectacular day out. Above is Henry really happy with his stocking.

FYI Santa was great to me; great stocking, and presents from H, R and C for my travels. Not that it is about the gifts; that was all bonus after the great evening and relaxing morning.

I third wheeled on the family walk and went for a bit of a run. First run outside since the half marathon in November and the day was perfect.

We all split up after, me home to mash potatoes, Jonats off for Jonat Christmas.

Headed over to Mum's with the mash potatoes around 4pm and spent the evening there.

Highlight for me was some quality time with Kaz late in the evening. Here he is climbing over his passed out Dad (too many rum and cokes!).

Boxing Day brunch at Chach and Dave's; Grand Forks Dunnets are all about Wii. Disappointed to have missed the Boxing Day run but the cold is starting to win and I am not feeling great. Awesome breakfast casserole thing at Chach's and it was a nice chill morning.

Next up: the Grud returns to Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: