Saturday, December 12, 2009

'I can see clearly now....'

'...the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way.' Johnny Nash

Other song lines running through my head in the last 24 hours.

'I wear my sunglasses at night. So I can, so I can...' Corey Hart

The sunglasses song was as I was sitting in my living room wearing sunglasses while eating a super late lunch.

Yesterday at about 2:30pm I paid $1580 to have a surgeon do this to both of my eyes. I have to say the worst is when they put the ring around your eyeball because on the left eye it was super tight and uncomfortable. Feels like your eyeball is being squished. And that is the part where you vision goes black so that was also a bit worrying. Other weird parts are watching the surgeon rake a tiny brush across your eye to make sure the flap is sitting smooth. It is like your eye has turned into a camera and you kind of watch it happening. Surreal. Overall, a short amount of discomfort for what I am hoping is a lot of comfort for the next ten years when I am not wearing glasses. And never having to wear contacts again.

I also really enjoyed the Ativan they gave me right before the surgery.

One more week of no eye makeup, a month of being super careful outdoors, and I should be good to go.

Only noticeable signs of the surgery are a couple of broken blood vessels in my eye. If you actually lift up my eyelid they are worse on the top of my eye and are big bruises. Small price to pay for 20/20 vision.

0 comments: