Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 1 NYC

Sitting in diner a block from hotel about to enjoy what will probably be very average fare. There was a nice looking italian restaurant close by but I wanted to check off NYC diner from my list.

Today was focused on walking the city since the weather is great and the rain is supposed to start soon. I walked the Brooklyn bridge, strolled Park avenue, wandered with the masses through Time Square and then sat on a bus for an hour and a half for a hop on hop off tour. Those things are the way to go. I was a little annoyed as it was an actual guide versus audio tour but I made it through. The bad jokes always remind you that you're a tourist. In case you've forgotten that you're on a big red double decker bus.

The city is just as great as I thought it would be. Probably even better. While the subway is packed and dirty, it is super fast and people seem nice. I feel like I am walking in a movie set since up until now I've only seen it on the screen.

I've probably walked 15k today so I will be heading to bed early.

Tomorrow; Greenwhich food and walking tour, possibly Empire State building if I can get there early enough. I really want to go for a run in Central Park but have to wait and see how the weather is.

2 comments:

Rachel Catriona said...

Yeah for Day 1!! Wish I was there with you.

Fall Garlic said...

Cool pics, I had no idea you were going. I gotta keep up on these things.