Brunch was at Shopsin's in the market. Tiny breakfast and lunch place with great food where the staff are known to be rude. I was hoping we would get yelled at when Dominika asked what 'Hatch" was (hot pepper sauce) but they waited right until we left and yelled at us for trying to take a photo of the place. I had 3 poached eggs on spicy, cheesy garlic bread with peppers and chicken sausage. Yum.
Said goodbye Dominika (who was the best tour guide ever!) and got on the subway to head to Battery Park for Ellis Island ferry.
This experience was by far the most touristy. Full security check to get on airport, long lines and crush of humanity. After security we all piled onto to ferry; first stop Statue of liberty. Very cool seeing it from ferry.
Having purchased a ticket yesterday I actually got to go into the pedestal. Another round of security to get in and no phones allowed (sorry, no camera phone pics). Pedestal was very cool. Neat history on how it was but and restored, along with 156 steps to the lookout on the pedestal. You can visit the crown again (was shut down after 9 11) but tickets are sold out for it until March. Wandered around listening to audio tour and taking photos.
Next event was supposed to be Ellis island but I was exhausted and not in the mood for more tours. Maybe next time.
Ferry back to Battery Park and subway to Rockefeller plaza. And mixed nuts from street vendor. See photo.
Day 2 I had a brief visit NBC store but didn't look around and took no photos as I was running late for Greenwich food tour. Picked up a half dozen famous Magnolia's cupcakes (hope they make it home) and watched the ice skaters. Definite Christmas feel.
Now I am going to look for somewhere to get a pedicure. Tired feet.
Heading to Newark airport hotel in a few hours and then on 7am flight tomorrow. May take my only taxi ride when I bring my luggage to Penn station (to get to Newark) as it is 5 blocks and 2 subway transfers from hotel.
Awesome trip and I am looking forward to coming back soon.







0 comments:
Post a Comment