Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 3 NYC: flexibility

I attempted a short run on the treadmill this morning and found out all the walking has left a mark. Took effort to stretch and my knees said no to running. Did some elliptical and then got ready for what was supposed to be a day of seeing the major sites.

Kicked it off with the Empire state building. Had heard horror stories about the lineups but I breezed through to the elevator, no waiting. My plan to avoid tourist stops during the weekend was working.

View was great and reminded me that the city is crowded. Like the view of central park is actually blocked by skyscrapers.

Left with the intention of hitting the statue of liberty next. Arrived at Battery Park via the subway (i love the subway!) and headed with the crowds to the ticket booth. As I was walking there I got a text from my friend Dominika asking if I wanted to meet at 3pm in the east village. I said yes and that meant I needed to bust a move if I was going to make it to Ellis Island and back.

Turns out there was an hour wait for ferry so I bought a ticket for tomorrow which also meant I would get to go into the pedestal (sold out already for tody).

Checked guide book for lunch recommendation and chose a cuban restaurant at south street seaport pier 17. Conveniently this is where the brooklyn hop on hop off tour starts from. Lunch was delicious and exactly what I needed after pizza and baked goods yesterday; lots of vegetables and chicken.

Took the bus tour of Brooklyn and it was boring.

Then met up with Dominika and have seen too much to add into this blog at this hour. More tomorrow but we hung out from 3:30 until midnight and visited four different places including a real speakeasy. It was like insider's tour of the city.

2 comments:

von grudegin said...

your eyebrows look outstanding

Dora said...

They are tinted. Thanks.