Sunday, June 15, 2008

i am not a cook

My twin sister is. But the gene skipped me. Still not sure whether or not we are identical or fraternal but if you based it on cooking skills we're definitely fraternal.

R made a kick ass salad with steak for me...twice. So tasty. And in reading her post on it I thought it was so easy. And yet...I have screwed it up twice. I call to ask what I am doing wrong, provide some guidance I say, 'what were the measurements for the sauce?'. She doesn't know. It is all done by feel. I have to come over and watch her make it in order to understand.

Guess I am going to make grilled cheese for dinner now that I have an inedible salad and steak.

3 comments:

Fall Garlic said...

Hey, I am sure you are just punishing yourself because it isn't identical to ritchy's. Everyone has to find their own way. I believe in you. You can do it. Or just find a restaurant that you can make your own. Somewhere the waiters know you, know what you like. Somewhere you can say, "Ill have the usual" and they will bring salad, an entree, a drink and dessert without questioning you again. You can be that person too if you should so choose. Although, it would really mean living on commercial or in New York. Think about it.

Allison said...

ok, where is the picture of your frickin'chaise lounge. come on!

von grudegin said...

i like this blog. i also try to recreate salads and stuff that R makes me and it is never the same. I think nothing is as good as having someone else cook for you.