In event mode working in Whistler and boy is it a break from my office job. Unfortunately, my office job continues so after a good 13 hours at the venue I came back to the hotel and spent almost 2 hours answering 'urgent' emails last night. Are they really that urgent if the person didn't call? Flagging something with an exclamation point does not mean it is that urgent. If you make the effort to call I know you need an answer ASAP.
I have spent the day listening to the urgent and non-urgent voices of others. 'I need a spritz from 11 down', 'Crash on 13', 'There is a line up out the door of the workforce break area. Please hold your workforce departing for lunch.' or ' Training will start 25 minutes later than scheduled'.
People urgently needed to know these things. They impacted what they were doing at that exact moment. So someone picked up a radio and passed on a message.
Now wishing we all walked around with radios rather than text messaging and email. You don't even have to be polite on the radio. No 'thank yous'. Just 'over' and 'out'. No 'pardon me'. Just 'say again'. It is all so simple.
Better get back to my urgent work email.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment