Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 5 of 14: failure

We've been yelling 'failure' at one another quite a bit at work lately. It seems harsh but has us laughing more than anything else. For instance; when I was working at the sliding centre the ceremonies team failed to meet their time standard for getting the medal ceremony started. We walked away saying 'Too bad the whole event failed because of the ceremonies team.'

Well today I 'failed' to make it to the office. The cold is sitting on me like a parked truck with ebrake on and does not look like it will be moving anytime soon. Feel like hell. I did work from home; firing off emails and taking phone calls. Have managed to infect others in my team and they too are at home cursing an open work environment that spreads germs like a day care full of snot nosed toddlers.

My friend Sarah sent me this ecard and told me to give to my coworkers. I laughed out loud and proceeded to print it out so that I can give it to the one person on my team that plays baseball.

Back to vitamin water and spicy foods.

0 comments: