Been too busy to post. Really.
I think it has taken me a week to recover from Stampede. It was that good. Friends, sunshine, beer, more beer and the rodeo. It doesn't get much better.
This was a family weekend. My last weekend before I head off to Asia. Spent quality time with Ritchy on the grind, had brother, sister-in-law and kids over for dinner, and then a family picnic at Spanish Banks today. Yes, there was an 'incident' at last night's dinner but I think everyone rolled with it and it was great to see Dave and Sachon go into action. Dave cleaned the rug and Sachon cleaned the kid. Kiyomi ran back and forth watching it all going on and asking questions and providing commentary. I hope this is not Kohei's legacy; I don't want him to be remembered as the kid that had the accident at my place.
My niece and nephew were amazing. Much discussion on how when/if I have my own kids I won't be as fascinated by them and how quickly they are learning new things and developing personalities. I hope not. But it is still really cool to be an aunt and I am enjoying every minute of it. Even if Kohei can't remember my name and I made him chant it to me a hundred times to drill it in to him.
I just booked a side trip to Angkor Wat on my Asia trip. I was supposed to spend two nights in Phnom Phenh, Cambodia on my way to meet up with my friends who are landing in Saigon. I have now worked in a trip to Angkor Wat. I land in Siem Reap at 10:20am and leave the next day at 5:20pm. Apparently it is just one of the places you have to visit. It is costing me about $300 more but due to two internal flights but when am I ever going to be in Cambodia again?
Off to do some packing. I leave in 4 days!
2026 Summer
2 months ago
1 comments:
Angkor is like in my top 5 places to go. Everyone says it is not to be missed. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.
Post a Comment