Sunday, July 27, 2008

hurry up and wait

Isn't the view from my window beautiful? It isn't low fog. Have yet to see the blue sky but when it does show it is going to be amazing. They have decorated the city well; the venues are pieces of art, planted a ton of trees and greenery and there are banners galore. The Athlete's Village is spectacular. Apparently the apartment in it are all sold out or I would be thinking about purchasing. Seriously. They are the equivalent of $2000 per sq meter; much better deal than a downtown condo.

Things move at a slower pace here and yet I seem to have no free time to blog or send emails. It is like you are constantly sitting in wait in case something notable occurs to observe. Luckily it is worth it to wait. To use a rowing quote 'The trips has already been a success.'




Had first real Chinese meal last night and first bought of stomach trouble. The beers are megasized and so cheap; at a restaurant they are running at $2 and are 500ml. The whole meal with a large beer cost me the equivalent of $5. Bought a new SD memory card for my camera for $14. I love a deal!
For my friend Kohei, who is still struggling with potty training, I attach a photo of the Chinese solution to this.

Off to meet up with the London crew. Tonight is the 4 year countdown to their Games. The cycle never ends.

1 comments:

Fall Garlic said...

great shot of the but. Kohei would really enjoy it. Although I think he prefers to be naked.