Arrived after an 11 hour flight. No sleep, 2.5 movies (none of them very good) and little work done on my laptop due to cramped seating and small child in front of me with chair fully reclined. Had a chicken dinner, beef dinner and then was offered a cup o'noodles for breakfast. I don't think I've eaten once since highschool.
Long and slow lineups lead from customs through to a massive taxi cue. Ride in was pleasant but I cannot tell you what this city looks like as the smog was so thick you can't see for more than a block. Fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 4:30am. Hair straightener works. Left contact lens case and other essentials on plane accidentally. Paid $5 for a bottle of water. Then accidentally used tap water to brush teeth. Am ticking time bomb for stomach problem.
Have just enjoyed a breakfast buffet of all out north american favorites as well as fried rice, spring rolls and dim sum. There was even sushi but I did not partake. Poor coffee and some apple juice washed it all down.
Off for day 1 of observation. Wearing dri-fit shirt and concerned light brown capris will easily show butt sweat. Awkward. It is blistering 33 with 97% humidity. It envelopes you like a hot towel when you walk outdoors.
Hope to post photos soon. Did I mention I have lost the cable to my camera?
2026 Summer
2 months ago
1 comments:
hang in there kater. it all sounds pretty fabulous to me anyways. love.
Post a Comment