In packing frenzy for departure tomorrow. Would love to be down to one full suitcase and my travelling backpack empty. Has not happened. I am counting and recounting items for my trip. the challenge is that this is a 3 part trip.
Part I: Work week in hot and humid climate
Part II: Vacation in hot and humid climate
Part III: Mix of work and spectating at outdoor events in hot and humid climate
Did I mention there is supposed to be a thunderstorm hitting Asia while I am there?
My only success thus far has been my footwear. With size 12 feet I just don't have the luxury of packing more than the necessities; they just take up too much space. I have it down to one pair of work shoes that I am able to walk and stand comfortably in for many hours and are neutral color to go with everything. One pair of trail running shoes for the sightseeing portion of my trip and any workouts I am able to get in at the hotel gym during part I. And one pair of flip flops.
Other than that it is t-shirts, two nice work shirts, tank tops, capris and one pair of shorts. Apparently you can sweat through 4 cotton shirts in a day. I am so screwed.
My favorite part of every trip is dropping the baggage at the airport. My second favorite is dropping said baggage at the hotel. In my rowing years I somehow collected no luggage with wheels. I hauled duffel bags through airports until they left purple marks on my shoulder and holes in the bottom of the bag. It was all about having the largest amount of space for bringing all of your workout gear with you. Luggage with wheels was much smaller. It was for wimps.
Of course now everything I own has wheels on it. Even my laptop case. People at work are constantly asking if they can have the chicken instead of the fish as wheel myself up to my workstation each morning.
Back to packing. I have moved on to toiletries. Full-size contact solution or travel size? I am bringing 3 deodorants; the weather forecast would suggest I will be going through one a day.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
3 comments:
yeah man, you are going to sweat like a bandit. but it's worth it. You can buy some cheap shirts while you are there. good luck. kisses
sorry i didn't stop in tonight. truck really hasn't moved much. if i could just get it started...
loved the chicken or fish comment.
please blog while you're in asia. need to live vicariously through you.
Ahhhh travel sweat... so much better then the regular variety.
I too liked the chicken or fish:)
Post a Comment