Sunday, July 6, 2008

no jet lag from Sunday

Have had approximately 6 hours of sleep. Add in the grind (yeah! I didn't pass out this time), some walking with heavy objects, cleaning and laundry and I am about to hit my goal of going to bed at a decent time. All because I was woken up at 4:30am. Then I woke up at 6:50am to head to meet R for the grind. No weekend sleep in for me today. While this is a bit painful physically it will be worth it when I actually get to sleep before 10 tonight and wake up at 6am refreshed. Usually I am tossing until after midnight because I have essentially jet lagged myself by sleeping in until 9am after staying up until midnight. Not this Sunday.

Just 4 more sleeps until Stampede. Must come up with footwear solution for the weekend in Calgary. The wrong footwear can ruin the entire event. Last year one of my friends bought a pair of knockoff crocs at Safeway midday as her feet were in bad shape walking. Flip flops do not hold up well to a hundred people two-stepping on the dance floor. Cowgirl boots don't come in my size and aren't a great investment for me.

Must develop a strategy for this one.

2 comments:

Rachel Catriona said...

Sorry, just a melancholy post tonight. Must be the shiraz.

Screwed on footwear for this weekend. Running shoes?

von grudegin said...

i hope that you are not going to wear crocs. I am not a fan. I agree with r. it's all about the runners.