Monday, July 20, 2009

can't get my stretch on

For some reason I avoid yoga. Not sure why because I always feel great after going. I sleep better, don't wake up feeling like a truck ran over me, and my brain enjoys the 'quiet time'. It is a treat. A mini 1 hour vacation during the week. But yet I can't get myself there. Right now I would rather go down to the gym and do more cardio (I already did some at 6am).

I should try doing yoga in my living room and see if that works. I have the mat. I have a yoga DVD. I have the floor space since I never bought that coffee table. May try it out later.

Right now I am going to procrastinate by going to London Drugs to replenish cleaning supplies and then cook up a batch of turkey chili. I am on a cooking roll. My freezer is busting at the seams. May need to finally eat all of those frozen vegetables to make room.

Use of building pool is currently at 5 times this month. At $75 a month for membership I am keeping track. My threshold to make it worthwhile is 15 times. Need to step it up.

1 comments:

Fall Garlic said...

I hear you. Whenever I finish a session of yoga my life is suddenly measurably better. Yet I can never find the spare hour. I would rather get out for a run. I think the real reason is your body actually knows how hard doing yoga is. Your conscious brain however does not. So rationally it seems like a snap but on a deep down level you know it is hard work. Good luck with that.