Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stampeding

It was great. Third year at Stampede and I probably drank a third of what I drank in my first year. At this rate, if I go next year, I'll have some Bailey's in my coffee the first morning and that is it.
 
Having been to Stampede twice before I no longer attend for the rodeo, pancake breakfasts and excessive drinking. Stampede is the excuse to visit with my 8 good friends from my national team rowing days. The first year it was just Clark and I hanging out with PVR and Rozzo. Then next year Sarah and Rachel joined in. This year Andie, Darcy and Jacqui made it out there and the 'team' was complete. We all descended on Calgary for our yearly meetup and Stampede happens to be at the same time.
 
While those new to Stampede were mildly disappointed at the lack of excessive partying, I was quite happy with seeing my friends and enjoying copious amounts of meat. We had burgers and steaks at every meal (or so it felt). I had a couple of coronas at 8:30am while we watched a parade. I wore a cowgirl hat for 3 days straight. And I caught up with all of my rowing friends. It was good times.
 
And the two newbies that complained about the lack of partying did manage to get a bunch of free drinks and taken to a restaurant for nachos (in a limo) by someone they think might have been a mobster. He also had a stripper from Vegas with him that had breast implants in size F. This was long after many of us had called it a night but I think they still have a great story even if nobody got totally out of control.
 
Not sure what next year's plan is but I am hoping for a lakeside cabin somewhere with wine.

0 comments: