That Blogger was easier to post photos to. It seems whenever I have photos I want to share I have to post them to blogger, facebook and Picasa. I think I am going with just facebook for now so don't expect any pictures anytime soon. I was inspired by Chris' blog as he has good writing but no photos and I am still interested in reading it.
So I better step it up on the writing front. Now that I've worked out how to email and update my blog (and have a data device so I am not typing it out in 140 character bites in a text message) I should make more of an effort.
It has been an awesome couple of weeks here in Vancouver. The family visit has really put a different spin on living here. Weather is awesome and this is my first summer living downtown. The last two summers were different what with living in Burnaby and then last summer going to Asia for 3 weeks. Twice now I have met with the Grand Forks Dunnets at Kits beach to hang in the evening. Both times I walked home with a big grin thinking 'This is how it should always be'. Between that and the outdoor pool at my building (costing me $75 each month and currently have used it 3 times so far in July - must get a couple of dips in this weekend) I feel like I am on vacation when I am not at work. I know I should always feel that way but right now it seems to stand out in the day to day business. I think it is tough in the Vancouver rain and overcast season (aka fall, winter and spring) to really get the serotonin running through your brain. The snowshoeing was kind of good for that but not as easily accessible as strolling out my front door and down to the seawall.
On the workout front I have been lackadaisical this week. Early morning (8:30am) meetings and a late night with a few too many drinks, have conspired against me. But I am getting creative. As I nursed my hangover yesterday I managed to get the following workout in; 35' on the elliptical and a 90' walk. It is no 14k run + Grouse Grind but it was something. I seem to be off the spin classes these days but I think that is more due to the weather. Who wants to cram in an indoor class when it is nice out? I have a 12k run on the agenda for tomorrow as I start to build up my mileage to attempt a 1/2 marathon. I am like a science experiment; can you really run a half marathon on 2 runs a week? I am supplementing with 2 bootcamps, erg workout, min. 1 Grouse Grind and some other cardio but time will tell if it is enough.
I'm off to bootcamp followed by Grouse Grind with Rachel, Grud and Montreal Dave. Haven't been since last Monday and a bit nervous. It is going to be high noon by the time we start hiking. Must hydrate. Do not want to be one of those people passed out beside the trail looking like an out of shape slob. I predict Montreal Dave is going to kick our asses but Rachel, Grud and I will have fun slowly climbing up the side of Grouse Mountain.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment