Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Angkor Awesome

A few posts behind but just having too great a time to be checking email and blogging. So this is a catch up post from my solo trip to Cambodia and Angkor temples.

I took over 200 photos and am sharing my top few here. AMAZING! Worth the extra $300 in airfare etc. to go see ancient history.
Yes, I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings. This is the one temple that they have let the trees over take. Totally amazing.Another solo traveller and I helped one another out in taking some cool photos in the Indian Jones type light that was streaming in.


Count the number of faces if you can.



Because all statues need a little flare.

Kim, Lindsay, Mary and Anthony headed off on the train this evening for Hoi An. I am flying there tomorrow morning. There were cockroaches on the train to Nha Trang so they were all jealous of my decision to fly rather than overnight train.

Will try and post Nha Trang photos at some point but just to prove that I am no longer travelling solo here is a photo of us all on the train. Mary is represented by her hair only. Up at 5:30am to head to the airport so I am off to bed.

1 comments:

Rachel Catriona said...

LOVE IT!!! More pics, more pics, more pics!!!!