The end of the Olympic rowing regatta really completed my trip to Beijing. I arrived at the course with a suitcase because I had just been to the silk market to pick up my suit. Have bought so much stuff here I needed a new carry on bag. Got a wicked hard case carry on with 360 rollers. Have rolled it over 2km today alone. Got it for a bargain 200RMB or $30CAD.
Now at Canada Olympic House and feel emotionally drained from watching the A finals today. I don't think I sat down the entire time. My heart goes out to the women's eight; they rowed really well and got put out of the medals by the dutch who set a new record for the last 500m.
Will be sure to post more photos and narrative of my trip when I arrive home. Have to mention that while my suit was being altered today I searched out a place for a foot massage and paid less than $6 for 30 minutes. Good stuff.
The others are celebrating with the Americans and I am probably heading home to pack. More tomorrow.
2026 Summer
2 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment