Friday, August 1, 2008

Camboida = humidity

And I thought Beijing was bad. Arrived in Cambodia yesterday after two flights and then took a flight this morning to Siem Reap. Torrential rain is holding me back from touring the famous Angkor Wat. Will have to wait until tomorrow but I have a good part of the day for touring as my flight leaves for Ho Chi Minh City at 5pm.

So far it seems a lot like India here with fewer people speaking English and less poverty. I am staying in quite a nice hotel for $38 a night and that includes breakfast.

I meet up with Kim, Lindsay, Mary and Anthony tomorrow night in HCMC and we get on an overnight train to the beach town of Nha Trang. For those keeping track I will put up my itinerary on the blog.

Will now be heading out to get a foot massage and walk around Siem Reap. Maybe spend the evening in the roof top pool with swim up bar. Just in case you have forgotten this is the vacation portion of the trip. Have already read one entire book on the two flights last night and am now working on the David Sedaris book. Slightly panicked as I left the other 3 books in Beijing as I thought they were too much weight. Have to find other travellers to trade with ASAP. No R, will not trade David Sedaris...he is all yours.

1 comments:

Allison said...

sounds awesome. Can't wait for more photos. Have fun!